Regular check-ups are an essential part of preventive health care. During your appointment we will carry out a number of checks to help evaluate your overall general oral health and hygiene. We will:
- check for any sign of gum inflammation, bone loss, tooth decay and root infection
- evaluate your risk of developing tooth decay and other oral health problems.
- check your bite and jaw for any problems
- check your face, neck and mouth for any abnormalities
- discuss your oral hygiene habits and diet
- check if you are taking any medications that might affect your oral health
- chat through any other lifestyle factors that may impact on your oral health, such as the use of any tobacco products or alcohol consumption
We also might need to take a dental x-ray during your check-up or another diagnostic procedure.
Oral cancer exam
During your dental examination, we will look for any signs of oral cancer. This involves examining the area under your jaw, the sides of your neck, lips, face, cheeks, tongue and the roof and floor of your mouth.
For more information please call 020 8878 2802 or request an appointment.